Patient Blood Management: The Top 4 things hospitals should implement now
20 июля 2021 г.
In partnership with LabRoots, Inc., we would like to invite you to our LIVE Webinar Patient Blood Management: The Top 4 things hospitals should implement now. Join us on Tuesday, July 20 at 10:00am ET / 7:00am PT for an educational webinar hosted by Labroots and presented by Dr. Yulia Lin, MD, FRCPC, CTBS.
About this webinar
Patient blood management is an evidence-based, multidisciplinary approach to caring for patients who might need a blood transfusion . In this session, four key patient blood management initiatives will be discussed that your hospital should implement. Examples of successful patient blood management initiatives will be highlighted.
This webinar will
- Highlight the importance of diagnosing and treating iron deficiency anemia early
- Present how to incorporate tranexamic acid into your PBM toolbox
- Apply strategies to minimize extraneous blood work
- Suggest best practices to use blood wisely
About the speaker
Dr. Yulia Lin is currently Division Head of the Transfusion Medicine & Tissue Bank of the Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. She is also Associate Professor of the Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathobiology at University of Toronto. Her research interests include identifying the appropriate use of blood transfusion and improving physician education in transfusion medicine. She has numerous peer-reviewed journal and book publications, international conference presentations, and multiple distinctions and research awards on Transfusion Medicine and Patient Blood Management.
- LabRoots is approved as a provider of continuing education programs in the clinical laboratory sciences by the ASCLS P.A.C.E. ® Program. By attending this webinar, you can earn 1 Continuing Education credit once you have viewed the webinar in its entirety.
- This session is approved for 1 Florida Laboratory CE credit. Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel approved number: 50-12563
- Examine the importance of patient blood management in the hospital
- The webinar will be available for unlimited on-demand viewing after live event.
1. Patient Blood Management. AABB definition. https://www.aabb.org/news-resources/resources/patient-blood-management